La Tour du Viala du Pas de Jaux

Living illustration of the Larzac’s agro-pastoral vocation, the Tour du Viala du Pas de Jaux was built in 1430 next to the Logis of the Hospitaller Knights of Saint John of Jerusalem (in existence sine the 14th century) on the request of the inhabitants of the village to be able to take refuge in times of war and stock their cereal harvests. Restoration works have given this tower back its warrior physiognomy with its five storeys, its sentry walkway with machicolations and its adjoining buildings: the Knights’ Logis (living quarters) and the Grange (barn). All these buildings enable permanent and temporary exhibitions to be arranged throughout most of the year as well as events (visits in costumes and discovery games for children).